I'm about to introduce you to one of my favorite products in the entire world: The Honda Ruckus. Now, I must say that I was not paid, in any means, to promote this scooter. This review is solely pure affection for something I use 8 out of 12 months of the year. If I didn't live in North Dakota with such extreme winters, I'd ride it all year round... trust me. So why is this scooter so great?
Well, let me tell you!
1. Riding a scooter is the most liberating feeling ever! I always had a dream of getting my motorcycle license growing up as I loved riding with my dad on his, but it just never happened. The classes were in the summertime when I was working most, and I never went in to take the test. SO, when Caleb bought his Ruckus and let me try it out, I had such an adrenaline rush! I was hooked from that very moment on.
2. Riding a scooter is easier than a motorcycle and requires only your standard driver's license, yet you still get to go up to 40 mph. I know, I know, not exactly motorcycle speed, but hey, it gets me around town everywhere I need to go.
3. I pay around $3 in gas maybe every third week. It doesn't get better than that, my friends.
4. I get to park super close to my destination whether it be a store, work, or a friend's house. Typically there's either an alley with a pole I can hook up to, or I can squeeze into the gaps in-between normal parking spots.
5. Riding a scooter keeps me minimal. Since I have solely the space under my seat (where I usually keep a bag of sorts) and then whatever I can hold on my back, I'm very intentional about what I need in that moment or throughout that specific day. Unlike a car, you won't find random pieces of garbage, leftover food, or that book from middle school in my truck... there's no trunk.
6. I save money shopping. This one is inline with point #5, but with the limited space it makes me extra focused and purposeful when I go grocery shopping, or let's say shopping at Target. Especially Target! It's so easy to walk in there looking for just one thing and come out with ten, but with a scooter, I don't have the physical capacity, thus saving me money.
7. It's better for the earth than my four-door vehicle. Now, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the most environmental person in the world, but I try to do the simple things like recycle, use limited water, donate used clothes, etc. While the Ruckus might not be a human-powered bicycle, it is a much better option than driving my four-wheel vehicle everywhere. Right?
8. You seem to make people's day. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but when I drive my scooter around town, I get quite the reactions! I've gotten smiles, puzzled looks, joyous pointing, people yelling, 'nice ride' or 'nice scooter', and the list goes on. Of course, sometimes you get this too: